usb mouse makes noise!!!!

For everything that's not in any way related to PureBasic. General chat etc...
dagcrack
Addict
Addict

usb mouse makes noise!!!!

Post by dagcrack »

When I stop using my mouse, it goes into idle mode (the light turns off) and a f***** noise appears! its like when you have an electric wire close to the phone one and it has no filter! its annoying!!!! I cant use my woofer system because that amplifies the output of the pc... and imagine! its like a WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoommmmm all the time im not using the mouse.. my mobo is asus.. I know this bios is fucked up but I dont think theres a newer version. I dont know what to do.. cant buy a new mouse.. .. got tons but this is the only usb and optical one I have.

dammit!
! Black holes are where God divided by zero !
My little blog!
(Not for the faint hearted!)
SurreaL
User
User

Post by SurreaL »

wow that's pretty messed.. what kind of mouse is it?

Definately sounds like a mouse problem tho :/ That's even worse than the problems I have with my logitech mx500, which for some reason likes to stutter in place occasionally, or slowly drift up even when I'm not touching it..
dagcrack
Addict
Addict

Post by dagcrack »

Damn boy... we need to design our own mouse then 8) Im going to put hands on paper :D I have some ideas! and I can use the electronics from my other mouses :)

I dont think this mouse is wrong.. for what i've seen it isnt "compatible" (whatt??!?!?!) with my motherboard.. funny I wont believe that.
My little blog!
Beach
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Beach »

I bet you are using the built-in sound card right? I had similar problems with my Asus main board until I dis-abled it and installed a PCI sound card.

YMMV
-Beach
DarkDragon
Addict
Addict

Post by DarkDragon »

:lol: I can't think of it, because I am laughing then. A mouse which makes noises like it has a electric motor in it :P
bye,
Daniel
Max.²
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: usb mouse makes noise!!!!

Post by Max.² »

dagcrack wrote:When I stop using my mouse, it goes into idle mode (the light turns off) and a f***** noise appears! its like when you have an electric wire close to the phone one and it has no filter! its annoying!!!! I cant use my woofer system because that amplifies the output of the pc... and imagine! its like a WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoommmmm all the time im not using the mouse.. my mobo is asus.. I know this bios is fucked up but I dont think theres a newer version. I dont know what to do.. cant buy a new mouse.. .. got tons but this is the only usb and optical one I have.

dammit!
I had similar probs at several occassions with different PC from different people. All were ASUS P4P800 mobos, btw. Cures were different though and it was not entirely like you described. But maybe it gives you a hint...

- one was a defective Power Supply Unit

- in one case it did help to set the TV output of the ATI card to NTSC from PAL

- in another case it did help to jumper the power-on-by-keyboard jumper differently to the factory settings

- and in any case the sound was a bit more silent when disabling internet explorer's "optimize scrolling" option (sorry, in german it's called "optimierter Bildlauf"

Likely all of these did not erradicate the cause, but lower he symptoms.

The previous mentioned hint with the on board sound card is worth a shot to. If you did google for this problem, you will find out that it seems to occur often with ASUS and sadly there isn't a general problem solving. :?

Maybe you should try to use a USB-PS/2 Adapter to attach the mouse to the PS/2 mouseport instead of USB?
dagcrack
Addict
Addict

Post by dagcrack »

My soyo case came with a 250w power supply.. I didnt like it so I changed it for a 350w one which was new (from another case)... I cant afford a new mouse a new psu a new sfx card... already bought new gfx card and ran out of money for now.. if anyone needs 3d or 2d graphics, pm me :oops:
My little blog!
PB
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by PB »

I compile using 5.31 (x86) on Win 7 Ultimate (64-bit).
"PureBasic won't be object oriented, period" - Fred.
dagcrack
Addict
Addict

Post by dagcrack »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
My little blog!
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by blueznl »

pb, you're nasyt!

anyway, he should just look again at the mouse package... i bet it contains the words 'force feedback'...

;-)
( PB6.00 LTS Win11 x64 Asrock AB350 Pro4 Ryzen 5 3600 32GB GTX1060 6GB)
( The path to enlightenment and the PureBasic Survival Guide right here... )
legider_pb
User
User

Post by legider_pb »

Once when I was working as a Network Admin for a some city schools few years back, we recieved a computer that did something rather curious. When it was off, even unplugged completely... the PC speaker would play music on a very low volume. You could really only tell it was playing if you put your ear near it, or succluded yourself in a quiet room. But multiple people heard it, so I am not crazy. =p
Eric Rousseau
New User
New User

Post by Eric Rousseau »

Ok, 14 years later after last post.....but maybe it might help someone...

Go to windows volume controls and recording devices and set the volume of input devices to zero.

Some recording devices are fragile to electronic interference...

I had this problem and this fixed it !