Game WIP: "Shoot shrimpiie"

Advanced game related topics
Raybarg
User
User

Game WIP: "Shoot shrimpiie"

Post by Raybarg »

Hey, my friend in one online community forum was aggravated by someone called "shrimpiie" doing postcount increase post en masse. I told him I'm gonna make him a game where he can shoot shrimpiies en masse, but theres a catch.

Game counts how many times you missed or hit, and how many times you shot over the center "safe zone" (the img capture of the forum). Shrimpiies on the safe zone have made it and will remain for the rest of the game there huddling around.

Could use some help with brainstorming ideas how to make the game "end".
One solution my big brother surprisingly offered (he is not much of a computer nerd, so it was a surprise what he suggested);
Make the shrimpiies who are in the safezone make "useless posts" randomly, visualize it with raising small texts... count how many of these made and when they reach amount X, the shrimpiie gets a forum moderation promotion and bans you the player, game over.

I wouldnt mind hearing some more experienced tips about the program structuring too. PB has so many "secrets" I am not fully aware of. ;)

Heres how the game looks now;

Here is the zipped project directory including sources and images, if you want to run it. (made in PB5.11 x86, tested in windows XP and 7).
http://ubuntuone.com/2hkZymCIm1yOsfgbpMn1l6

Notes:
I had this problem with mouse refresh rate being too high, even PB own mouse examples crashed because of it. The source includes solution to that problem which I googled from purebasic forums, thanks to the googling help tip. There was several threads, some many years old where I found the solution... Solution was found in this thread, Credits for the code I copied goes for Rescator. (There is also later a solution to hide the mouse cursor which became visible when using the mouse thread).

Thanks in advance to all who have the time to check out my little work and maybe comment. :)
Kwai chang caine
Always Here
Always Here

Re: Game WIP: "Shoot shrimpiie"

Post by Kwai chang caine »

Works well here, good work :D
I have replace numerous square by red blot :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing 8)
ImageThe happiness is a road...
Not a destination