Prototype of game ready

Advanced game related topics
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by cfriedel.

Started work on a 1942 type game. Prototype is up at:

http://www.cliffsconsult.com/game/SpaceGame.zip

Source code is included. Improvements will include sound, an intro screen,
better ending screen, bosses, more planes at one time, etc. Also want to put a lot of the code into subroutines rather than the spaghetti it is now. Try it out and let me know what you think. The source is also provided to check out.
If you want to modify it or play around with it, feel free.

Cliff
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Ok, rebuilt executable (friend said it was crashing). Go ahead and try it now. Should have some rudimentary sounds now also. Will keep putting up new .zip as I put more things into the game.

Cliff
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by MrVainSCL.

mhhh... i tried the game.. i cant test it, because i dont have any joysticks... i think today nearly every game is playing by keyboard instead like on the good old amiga... btw. i think keyboard playing is friedlier :wink:

hi cfriedel:
If InitJoystick failed... InitKeyboard too, so everybody can play your game...
take a think... :wink: The exe nor when compiling, the game will not crash on my computer... only the requester of the failed initjoystick... :wink:

greetz

MrVainSCL!
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

Restored from previous forum. Originally posted by Mark1Up.

Hey MrVain,

I had the same problem without a JoyStick on my computer, so I modified Cliff's code to use the keyboard if the Joystick was not found. I sent Cliff the modified source, so maybe he will post the update. If you want you can send me an email and I will send you the source.

Mark
[url]mailto:mark.shuter@wcom.com[/url]
BackupUser
PureBasic Guru
PureBasic Guru

Post by BackupUser »

I have quit working on this game to pursue another one. This was really to see if I could get the mechanics down to start a better game. If you like I will post the modified code with the keyboard stuff in it. Feel free to take a look at it and compile. Hopefully soon I will give you guys a much more polished game to play. Thanks.

Cliff