Help installing PB under ubuntu

Linux specific forum
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Help installing PB under ubuntu

Post by collectordave »

Just bit the bullet and installed ubuntu linux from a magazine on a small portable. My first time ever.

Downloaded the pdf from the tutorial page to follow. Also downloaded latest PB release for Linux and found the script to install all the dependencies. Both the one from the PDF and the one in the install.sh fail telling me they cannot find the bits they are looking for!

Can anyone help please?

Regards

CD
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
mk-soft
Always Here
Always Here

Re: Help!

Post by mk-soft »

With Ubuntu it´s easy

German Link: http://www.purebasic.fr/german/viewtopi ... 20#p341396

Translate:
I don't think it's very topical anymore. Maybe ts-soft can provide a current version of ts-soft.

I myself make it easy for myself with all the settings. So no...

Create a folder named "Programs" under' Personal Folder' and put Purebasic in it.
Create a shortcut to the program' Purebasic' and copy it to the desktop.
Start the terminal program and perform the following three installations:
sudo apt-get install build-essential gcc g++ libc6-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgnome2-dev libgtk-3-dev
sudo apt-get install libxxf86vm-dev libxine2-dev unixodbc-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl2-dev
sudo apt-get install libwebkitgtk-dev libwebkitgtk-3.0-dev libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev
Ready :wink:

P.S. Install only right the PB-Version to Linux. PB-x86 to Ubuntu 32bit and PB-x64 to Ubuntu 64bit
My Projects ThreadToGUI / OOP-BaseClass / EventDesigner V3
PB v3.30 / v5.75 - OS Mac Mini OSX 10.xx - VM Window Pro / Linux Ubuntu
Downloads on my Webspace / OneDrive
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

Thanks

Typed in the first line into terminal and it tells me several lines of

Unable to locate package libgtk2.0-dev

followed by some couldn't find etc

any ideas?

CD
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Post by collectordave »

A little digging on net.

Used sudo apt-get update and computer went mad updateing.

After that finished used the first line above and it appears to be working telling me it has to update loads of packages which it is doing.

So far so good

CD
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Re: Help installing PB under ubuntu

Post by collectordave »

Thanks mksoft

The apt-get update seems to have done the trick.

Ran all three commands in your post after that and it took a bit of time but it all worked.

Restarted computer and a new icon appeared "software Updates" so ran that as well two hours later it finished with a restart. After restart downloaded latest release for 64bit unpacked and it worked.

Just need to move my programmes across now which will be for later.

New to Linux so silly question how do I distribute my programmes compiling using Linux archive them and ship archive or some other way?

Thanks to all

CD
collectordave
Addict
Addict

Re: Help installing PB under ubuntu

Post by collectordave »

PureBasic Rocks!

Got it all going and transferred one of my larger attempts at programming (12,000 + lines of code) ran first time in Linux just a few issues with the form design where buttons are a little bigger etc but nothing major at all!

Absolutley BRILLIANT!

collectordave