API-context-help 'apifunctions.txt', unofficial update

Linux specific forum
Oma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

API-context-help 'apifunctions.txt', unofficial update

Post by Oma »

Hi Linuxians!
I've made an unofficial update of the Linux-API-context-help for the IDE "apifunctions.txt", 1st release in 2 extents.

Currently, (PB5.4x - PB5.51), the IDE context help for API function is not delivered with the PB-updates, because it isn't up-to-date.
I have started to complete my recent "apifunctions.txt" with the current stable versions (gtk / gdk-version 3.20).

It's an unofficial edition, but better than having no help at all or an old version from gtk2.2 or so!
If you wanna use it,
- if there is one, make a backup from your old "apifunctions.txt" in your current PureBasic /compiler/-folder and
- copy the preferred one in this folder!

Currently the missing functions from the following libraries have been added in 1 package:
- Light version: with gtk (V3.20), gdk (V3.20), GLib (V2.50), GObject (V2.46)
- Full version : " + additionally GConf (V2.32.4) (so far hardly included. Commands will be moved to other libraries in the future.) and GIO, (V2.50, very extensive)

Downloadable here: http://www.chabba.de/Linux/API-ContextH ... ate.tar.gz

- New or additional "Console" commands have NOT been added (it's nearly impossible).
- Likewise the Atk_, Cairo- and Pango-functions (still) have not been integrated.

- The new entries have been checked several times but there surely are some mistakes inside!
- A few obsolete (gtk1) or wrong / incomplete functions in the previous file have been removed, but there's still potential :wink: .
- Many, in late gtk2-versions added, and in gtk3 already outdated functions are not included.

The new entries are in the 'previous' PB-style. Parameters are exclusively of type ...
- integer, or
- pointer,
- or in a PB-defined-struture.
Which means, that parameters of type ...
- quad
- long (in some cases)
- float
- double
- string
can not be used directly, as usual, and have to be imported with the appropriate types.
If PureBasic doesn't support a function in the new list ("... is not a function, array, list, map or macro".), you have to import it too.
The newest functions are only available if your installation includes at least the gtk3.20 version.

New structures (which still not exists in PB at the moment) also aren't used in the list -
with one exception:

Code: Select all

typedef struct {
  gdouble red;
  gdouble green;
  gdouble blue;
  gdouble alpha;
} GdkRGBA;
as

Code: Select all

Structure GdkRGBA
  red.d
  green.d
  blue.d
  alpha.d
EndStructure
to force Fred to add it :wink: .

I hope this is helpful. And any hint on deficiencies or improvements or (integrating Pango- and/or Cairo-API) are welcome.

Best regards,
charly bauer, 2017-01-14
PureBasic 5.4-5.7, Linux: (X/L/K)Ubuntus+Mint - Windows XP (32Bit)
PureBasic Linux-API-Library & Viewer: http://www.chabba.de