PB programms running hours after PB was closed

Linux specific forum
John R. Sowden
User
User

PB programms running hours after PB was closed

Post by John R. Sowden »

For several hours, my Ubuntu 14.04 box has been running slow. I ran "task manager" to try to find the mem hog, etc. I found several copies of cipher running, taking 3.5-4 MB each, flashing on/off etc. in the task manager. I was looking a different PB files this morning, but that was hours ago. Why are they still running and why are they so big?

Thoughts?
John
Keya
Addict
Addict

Re: PB programms running hours after PB was closed

Post by Keya »

guessing its hung in a loop or something. you havent given us much to diagnose with lol
Crusiatus Black
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: PB programms running hours after PB was closed

Post by Crusiatus Black »

Keya wrote:guessing its hung in a loop or something. you havent given us much to diagnose with lol
I have had this problem on Linux Mint 17 where a console application in PureBasic keeps running after CloseConsole() and End were invoked. It only happens when the PureBasic IDE starts it up in a GUI terminal. When I run the same application on a TTY terminal (Debian w/o a desktop manager) it stops the program when it should properly.

After a while I figured out that KillThread on a thread required a delay of one second after it to properly stop the thread for some reason, then the program properly stops.
Bas Groothedde,
Imagine Programming

I live in a philosophical paradoxal randome filled with enigma's!