SketchAVoice

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
doctornash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SketchAVoice

Post by doctornash »

SketchAVoice links a synthesized vowels-based 'voice' with the act of drawing. The synthesis engine is basically the same as that of Garble Marvel (a sawtooth wave at the required pitch is passed through a set of 3 parallel narrow bandpass filters, each tuned to a specific formant frequency), but the way one interacts with the sound engine is completely different in this case. Here's a demo video about it:
https://youtu.be/IVlhlvQYPrQ

I have provided the app source in the attached .zip file. Also in the .zip file are portaudio.pb and its associated dlls (portaudio.pb is an include in sketchavoice_v101.pb). Throw them all into a directory and execute sketchavoice_v101.pb. Made this in PureBasic 5.31 (so the .zip contents should work fine with said version). The .zip contains a compiled exe as well (if you just want to run it) - compiled with 'threadsafe' option ticked - is that the right thing to do here?
https://www.mediafire.com/?aqvou27arxqmqc2
ebs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: SketchAVoice

Post by ebs »

That's a lot of fun! Thank you for posting the source code.
The first thing I'm going to do is enlarge the window so it fills the entire screen on my touchscreen laptop and start drawing.
I'm a terrible artist, so my creations will definitely sound much better than they look!

Regards,
Eric
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

very interesting! it reminds me somewhat of a theremin music instrument that detects where your hand is. And the noise it makes reminds me of my Cry Baby wah pedal, but cleaner hehe
Cruster
User
User

Post by Cruster »

What an awesome fun programme! and thank you for posting the code!! :D
PureBasic 4.3 registered user
Kwai chang caine
Always Here
Always Here

Post by Kwai chang caine »

Really surprising :shock: :D
Thanks for sharing 8)
ImageThe happiness is a road...
Not a destination
applePi
Addict
Addict

Post by applePi »

a great fun and enjoyment. i wonder if someone can know a quickly written word from its produced sound
thanks also for posting the code
doctornash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by doctornash »

Thanks all for taking a look. So your experience with it so far is that it 'does what it says on the tin'? Am looking to do a general release of it in a few days' time, which I'll proceed with if there's nothing major to report...