PureBasic 5.43 LTS is out !

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
NoahPhense
Addict
Addict

Re: PureBasic 5.43 LTS is out !

Post by NoahPhense »

Fred wrote:- Final version is out !
Made a donation! Thanks again Fred!

Have a few beers on me.

Cheers!

- np
deeproot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by deeproot »

Excellent - no problems at all with my projects using this version or its Beta!

The LTS line has turned out to be really valuable. Haven't had time to try out 5.50 yet!

Thanks Fred and team for the amazing hard work on both versions :D
box_80
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by box_80 »

Psychophanta
Addict
Addict

Post by Psychophanta »

Many thanks!!!!! :!:
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

While world=business:world+mafia:Wend
Will never leave this forum until the absolute bugfree PB :mrgreen:
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

Fred. Are you aware that Microsoft SmartScreen filter is blocking all of the downloads to the different PB installers when using Edge and Internet Explorer?

Even with forcing to download, the duration of the downloading, the action center keeps repeatedly making sounds and showing notifications on the download and states an error with it.

For this version, both 32 and 64-bit installers, I've made reports as safe. I see they have another selection, if you are the owner. You perhaps want to have a look at.
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

does VirusTotal detect anything? or maybe it's saying it's unsafe to download because it's not a signed exe but wouldnt that be a bit extreme? or maybe not in 2016 lol i dunno
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

I know..., that they are safe.

Digital signature shouldn't matter. Normally when there's few downloads, it gets noticed and added to Safe list. However, this is acting like the PureBasic domain been black listed .... that affects trying to get PB installers.
Last edited by Thunder93 on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ʽʽSuccess is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning.ʾʾ --Dennis Waitley
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

Thunder93 wrote:However, this is acting like the PureBasic domain been black listed.
perhaps SSL issue? when i go to https://www.purebasic.fr in Firefox i get "The owner of www.purebasic.fr has configured their website improperly."
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

... this probably is the reason. SSL isn't required for downloads to be permitted, even if it's new it only gives a warning to indicate so. However it is different with PB installer files.

This makes SSL issue likely culprit.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

I fixed the issue with ssl.
Keya
Addict
Addict

Post by Keya »

yep my Firefox is happy again now with https://www.purebasic.fr :) any luck now Thunder?
c4s
Addict
Addict

Post by c4s »

Maybe someone (a competitor?) is actively trying to hurt PureBasic's reputation by reporting the domain/downloads etc. Also see this recent topic: Spam/fraud from "user" purebot?
If any of you native English speakers have any suggestions for the above text, please let me know (via PM). Thanks!
Thunder93
Addict
Addict

Post by Thunder93 »

Visiting the official main page via SSL through .fr domain extension, the SSL alert page is gone now. I also don't know if I've tested the PB installer downloads via fr domain extension.

However I've always been using the PB .com domain extension. In the past, downloading the PB installers through .com domain extension, always worked. Testing yesterday, it shown to be an issue, and nothing has changed today when I've just tested.

I can successfully download PB installers via .fr domain extension, without ScreenFilter blocking. However I've always been using .com, and logging in and download. I don't see why I should need to change domain extensions if both are legit and for PureBasic product.
Fred
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fred »

c4s wrote:Maybe someone (a competitor?) is actively trying to hurt PureBasic's reputation by reporting the domain/downloads etc. Also see this recent topic: Spam/fraud from "user" purebot?
The SSL error was a genuine mistake, the certificate was not issued for purebasic.fr and some sub domains.