SpiderBasic 1.00 is out !

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
link0101
User
User

Re: SpiderBasic 1.00 alpha

Post by link0101 »

Really cool looking Language you got here,

If this will be able to handle Web-GL, and run on a Tizen OS device in HTML5 format, we all might have a new market in which to pitch our programs.

I know its early on in development but I'd like direct access to as much of the under lying Javascript code thru the Spider language as possible.

Be nice to have a launch button to pick the browser you want to launch in instead of a compile only button.

And I also agree it needs an alternate tag like .SB to separate it from .PB code.

But its going to be an interesting language to watch grow and I look forward to it.

And as to the Unity vs Spider vs whatever, its all good. No need to start a language battle or tool war. Use what feels good for you at the time it feels good. No one is forcing anyone to program in anything.

As the old saying goes, "smoke em if you got em"

Throws back a shot of J D to toast Spider-basic, "welcome to the family little guy, we'll look out for ya here. have a drink..."

and thanks Fred and Team, good show.
Poshu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Poshu »

zxtunes.com wrote:
Kuron wrote:
zxtunes.com wrote:Just go to the site or Unity 3D Corona SDK and compare with PB ...
Unitiy is a piece of shit in performance and use. PB has never done point and click app/game development. Why compare the two?
OK. If you do not games that?

Give me 10 applications which need SpiderBasic?

90% of mobile not native apps are copy sites.
Even then manage to slow down the reaction to pression, with large lists, scrolling, etc.
Why go native when you can go web? A recent study (published by mozzilla) showed that 93% of all applications from the the google play store could have been written entirely as a webapp, and this number is likely to grow even more as web application is developed. Keep in mind a single answer: your personal view is not a reality, take a few minutes to realize that: Just read studies about nowadays usages and you'll find out that native is dying. Check the market growth of chrome OS for god sake, it's ONLY a browser!
You can event package those applications to make them feel real... And if apple was to remove your application from it's store just because they felt like it, you could still publish them from your website! Or you could do it from the get go and you wouldn't have to pay 99$ a year.

Fred is doing the best choice with the current visibility, and if you don't think so, just give us argument instead of stupid "give me 10 examples to show me I'm wrong": If I follow your twisted logic, Jesus is a raptor: show me 10 examples from the bible that says Jesus isn't a raptor!

I'm getting fed up with those fucking retards that can't accept they have to change allong with the rest of the world.
skywalk
Addict
Addict

Post by skywalk »

Native is more power and speed and flexibility. Therefore, more ideas can be realized directly. I generally don't agree with the masses and struggle to find utility in 99% of the apps available in most "online play stores". Still, I applaud the concept of SpiderBasic and hope it leads to PureBasic improvements as well.
The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from. ~ Andrew Tanenbaum
plouf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by plouf »

Poshu wrote: Why go native when you can go web? A recent study (published by mozzilla) showed that 93% of all applications from the the google play store could have been written entirely as a webapp, and this number is likely to grow even more as web application is developed..
maybe has to do with the fact that FirefoxOS (mozilla own mobile os) is web based (html5) :)

oot maybe firefoxos since its native html5 apps, maybe a good option for the first "other" platform for spider :)
Christos
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Post by Kuron »

Poshu wrote:I'm getting fed up with those fucking retards that can't accept they have to change allong with the rest of the world.
He was the guy pirating PureBasic a few years back on one site and openly admitted to using a pirated version of PureBasic. Given his link (and user name) go to a site with pirated music, best to put him on ignore. Actually, this thread has added a good number of people to my ignore list.
Best wishes to the PB community. Thank you for the memories. ♥️
zxtunes.com
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by zxtunes.com »

Poshu wrote:
zxtunes.com wrote: Fred is doing the best choice with the current visibility, and if you don't think so, just give us argument instead of stupid "give me 10 examples to show me I'm wrong": If I follow your twisted logic, Jesus is a raptor: show me 10 examples from the bible that says Jesus isn't a raptor!

I'm getting fed up with those fucking retards that can't accept they have to change allong with the rest of the world.
A year ago, after learning about Spider I would jump for joy.
But today, when I know very well the PB and JS know well I'm wondering - why should I use a Spider?

What is Spider bribe those who are familiar with JS, but not familiar with the PB?
Or those who are familiar with the OOP?

p.s. I do not criticize, and try to assess the situation.
zxtunes.com
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by zxtunes.com »

Kuron wrote:
Poshu wrote:I'm getting fed up with those fucking retards that can't accept they have to change allong with the rest of the world.
He was the guy pirating PureBasic a few years back on one site and openly admitted to using a pirated version of PureBasic. Given his link (and user name) go to a site with pirated music, best to put him on ignore. Actually, this thread has added a good number of people to my ignore list.
Dude is responsible for speech. Do you know what Higth Voltage Sid Collection? zxtunes it is the same music collection zx spectrum. I collect since 1997.

PureBasic I bought in 2008. And since doing his promotion in Russia.

I have a PB same warm feeling as the ZX Spectrum with which I am familiar from childhood.

Perhaps some of my words sound harsh or crooked, I use google translate.
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

Two questions

1. When did PB team start allowing flame wars, in a official release thread no less

2. Why would you put such a tool in a private beta with a user-base that looks to only be in double digits and mostly part-time users? Isn't it more productive to do public beta up to alpha so you get more testers and test-environments, and naturally in turn: a better product? Are we really scared someone is going to pirate beta software, or even more ridiculous: do binary patching based on bug reports here and warez a final build?
The truth hurts.
UUICEO
User
User

Post by UUICEO »

tj1010 wrote:Two questions

2. Why would you put such a tool in a private beta with a user-base that looks to only be in double digits and mostly part-time users?
It's not in 'Private beta', every current PB owner can download spider and test it out. If your not one of those people then I would suggest buying PB!
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 / PureBasic 5.21 LTS / ProGUI Platinum / PureVision / http://www.linkedin.com/groups/PureBasi ... =&trk=tyah
Kuron
Addict
Addict

Post by Kuron »

tj1010 wrote:1. When did PB team start allowing flame wars, in a official release thread no less
Apparently, when you joined the forums? You have been involved in more flame wars than anybody.
tj1010 wrote:2. Why would you put such a tool in a private beta with a user-base that looks to only be in double digits and mostly part-time users? Isn't it more productive to do public beta up to alpha so you get more testers and test-environments, and naturally in turn: a better product? Are we really scared someone is going to pirate beta software, or even more ridiculous: do binary patching based on bug reports here and warez a final build?
You must be using a warez version of PureBasic, otherwise you would have access to the Spider beta.
Best wishes to the PB community. Thank you for the memories. ♥️
minimy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by minimy »

Not everyone knows javascript, html, css, or other :cry: , or maybe do not have time to learn four or five programming languages​​ :?: . I think SpiderBasic will be successful for this reason. In addition the point platform, it has become clear with the navigator. So Android is also covered.
I like! :D
Great job Fred! :!: :!: 8)
If translation=Error: reply="Sorry, Im Spanish": Endif
netmaestro
PureBasic Bullfrog
PureBasic Bullfrog

Post by netmaestro »

tj1010 wrote:Why would you put such a tool in a private beta with a user-base that looks to only be in double digits
8000+, actually. If you want access to SpiderBasic, just buy PureBasic and you can play with it for a year before it goes on sale. I'm at a loss to understand someone's thinking when they have 128 posts on this forum and they don't own the product.
BERESHEIT
minimy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by minimy »

Fred, a few questions .. :?:
will be possible to send mail easily? :arrow:
need a php for dummys book? (where I buy) :)
SSL? :shock:
will be possible to change the color, gadget, window?
how know desktopwidth?
windowborderless option. will be available?
do you think to include all libraries in the reference manual in the program? 8)

Great job! sorry about the questions, I wanted to be a policeman. :lol:

Greetings and Thanks!
If translation=Error: reply="Sorry, Im Spanish": Endif
tj1010
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by tj1010 »

To the highly-intelligent kids accusing me of using warez PB: Not only do I own a license, it's the company edition and linked to my registered LLC as is the email used on the forums..

I wasn't aware it was ME who was arguing and attacking people in the thread, evidently my English language is different than this community's and the forum rules mean nothing.. P.S. feel free to link to me flaming people on this forum.. I only remember being sarcastic a few times.. I think literally a few times meaning around three posts in total since joining..

Evidently we're factoring every license ever created for PB.. I didn't know we were using the less common derp statistics formulas.. I think we should include the recorded deceased in population statistics too if we're going to drop the literacy bar this far everywhere else.. Sorry if that offends the people who instantly launched an attack and slander campaign against me for my valid and TOS compliant post. Just let me know when I can also attack people who point out the supposed rules and I'll make time every once and a while and see if I like it too..
The truth hurts.
blueznl
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by blueznl »

Stop flaming. Ignore rant. Start coding.

Take it to PM if you disagree with each other.
( PB6.00 LTS Win11 x64 Asrock AB350 Pro4 Ryzen 5 3600 32GB GTX1060 6GB)
( The path to enlightenment and the PureBasic Survival Guide right here... )