MultiBase (Multiple database) home information manager

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
GeoTrail
Addict
Addict

Post by GeoTrail »

Error message: Invalid memory access
Error code: -1073741819
Code address: 4634083
Target address: 12091392
Source line: 230
Source file: C:\Development, v4.3\Current work\MultiBase\Modules\Ts_Soft\_SqLite3Basev43.pbi
And some register content which I don't have time to type right now.
Hope that helps.
I Stepped On A Cornflake!!! Now I'm A Cereal Killer!
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

GeoTrail wrote:
Error message: Invalid memory access
Error code: -1073741819
Code address: 4634083
Target address: 12091392
Source line: 230
Source file: C:\Development, v4.3\Current work\MultiBase\Modules\Ts_Soft\_SqLite3Basev43.pbi
And some register content which I don't have time to type right now.
Hope that helps.
Yes, helps a lot. Same problem I had before with TS-Soft's sqlite module encountering some characters it couldn't handle. Srod helped me fix it. Since I changed to the static version and was able to drop the dll, I forgot to fix his new module.

Now I just have to find it:):)

Thanks.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Post by Fangbeast »

Correction, this routine failed, although I don't know why.

Code: Select all

Procedure.i SQLiteExecute(hDB.i, Statement.s, callback.i = 0, cbpara.i = 0)
  If Not hDB
    ProcedureReturn #False
  EndIf
  If Not sqlite3_exec(hDB, Statement, callback, cbpara) ; At this line specifically
    ProcedureReturn #True
  EndIf
  ProcedureReturn #False
EndProcedure
Last edited by Fangbeast on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
USCode
Addict
Addict

Why PB?

Post by USCode »

Fangbeast wrote:
Progi1984 wrote:Why not a linux version ?
There is too much use of the Windows API in this one to be easily ported to Linux and I am totally unfamiliar with coding on the Linux platform and its' million varieties. It would be a nightmare!

I would rather continue on the Windows version with which I am familiar and get testing and ideas for that version.

But thanks for the idea.
I always find applications that have extensive use of the Windows API with PB interesting...
I know PB has easy access to the API but to me if you're only targeting the Windows Platform, why not use Visual Studio Express or Delphi? They both provide EXTENSIVE libraries, create small executables, etc.
For me, the strength of PB is it's "cross-platform-ness". If I wasn't planning on ever targeting OSX or Linux, I would probably be using one of those other development environments.
Is it the PB language or something else in particular that made you choose PB over the other tools I mentioned?
srod
PureBasic Expert
PureBasic Expert

Post by srod »

Lots of people use Purebasic for Windows only development. We use the tool(s) we feel most comfortable with, as simple as that.
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Update 02/01/2009

Post by Fangbeast »

Old information cleared, no longer relevant. Read original post and last update.
Last edited by Fangbeast on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Update 05/02/2009

Post by Fangbeast »

Old information cleared, no longer relevant. Read original post and last update.
Last edited by Fangbeast on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
GeoTrail
Addict
Addict

Post by GeoTrail »

Yes, I'll test it as soon as I can. Sorry about that, I've been very busy the past few weeks.
I Stepped On A Cornflake!!! Now I'm A Cereal Killer!
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Update 02/01/2009, v1.10.2

Post by Fangbeast »

Last edited by Fangbeast on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amateur Radio, D-STAR/VK3HAF
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Update 21/01/2009

Post by Fangbeast »

Last edited by Fangbeast on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Update 22/01/2009, v1.10.04

Post by Fangbeast »

22/01/2009

Changed: All: When you select the table to use, the value is stored globally. Saved 80 lines of code because no routine has to check this individually any more.

Fixed: Documents: Document number generator was making duplicates in batch and manual import modes. I'd neglected to include seconds for using in batch mode to make them truly unique.

Fixed: Documents: Manual import was incorrectly grabbing the filename to be used as a title. It would strip 4 characters from the end, whether it had an extension or not and that often destroyed the title somewhat.

Fixed: Documents: Batch import was incorrectly grabbing the filename to be used as a title. It would strip 4 characters from the end, whether it had an extension or not and that often destroyed the title somewhat.

Changed: All: Removed a lot of unnecessary gadget processing with some smart looping.

Added: All: An error message was added to generic email routines if the email address appeared to be invalid.

Added: All: If the email field is empty, a non critical error message is shown to draw the user's attention to it.

Added: All: Changed the order of some standard messages so that they appear before the action so that you can see what is going on in the status bar. Some messages happened after the event by which time it was too late to bother looking at it.

Changed: Address: If a registered user sends an email to a contact, it uses their registration string instead of an unregistered user message in the body.

Added: Main: A new field in the status bar to show the current total cost of inventory or shopping items when that mode is displayed.

Added: Inventory: When inventory is first loaded or searched, a running total of the cost of the items shows in the new statusbar value field.

Added: Shopping: When shopping is first loaded or searched, a running total of the cost of the items shows in the new statusbar value field.

Fixed: Document: The document link and run buttons had identical tool tips.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Update 03/01/2009 V1.10.5

Post by Fangbeast »

Added: You can now turn the toolbar area on and off and it will be remembered next time you start MultiBase(c).

Added: Toolbar toggle option added to the setup screen.

Changed: Some of the keyboard shortcuts were conflicting with the default assigned program ones, namely, the toggles. Form Fading is now F2, Jump to border is F3, Tooltips is F4 and Toolbar on and off is F5.

Fixed: When clearing the recipe keeper forms, the recipe picture size was reset incorrectly due to a form change.

Changed: The statusbar message for the number of items has changed to intelligently display "Item" if the number of items displayed is less than or equal to 1 item and "items" if there is more than 1 item to display. Better than a blanket "Item(s)" display.

Added: Every database table now has its' own last search string saved between searches. If you searched for "Robert" in the Addresses table and "Peach" in the Recipes table, each time you exit MultiBase(c) or switch between database tables, the last search used for that table is set back to the search field and the matching records automatically displayed. No more blanket search string operating on all database tables at once.

Changed: All lists and text edit boxes have been lightly shaded to an extremely light grey as the stark white was beginning to hurt my eyes after long use.

Changed: The recipe keeper form has been resized just a little bit larger to make it easier to work with and the picture resizing code has been amended acordingly.

Added: The lending database has a new tab entitled "Followup emails sent" that will show you what items the current borrower has borrowed in the past and which are still not returned. This necessitates the addition of an extra table containing the emails and a bit of extra code to manage it all. Note that this feature (Currenty) saves emails to that table whether your external emailer has sent them or not. It has no way of knowing otherwise at present.

Added: You can now dump all database tables to disk as text files. The field delimiter is the vertical bar character "|" and the first line contains the column headings. This is in case you need the security of a text readable database backup. Shortcut is ALT + D.

Added: Added the dump tables option to the main menu as well.

Changed: The help file has been thoroughly updated.
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

Future update.

Post by Fangbeast »

Question for any users of this program: In the previous update, I added the ability to quickly dump all the database to disk as text. Do you want the ability to:

a. Be able to dump the tables as XML as well as text?
b. Do you want to be able to choose which tables to dump?

Nobody answered so I did it anyway:):)
Fangbeast
PureBasic Protozoa
PureBasic Protozoa

update 04/03/2009 V1.11.0

Post by Fangbeast »

04/03/2009 V1.11.0

Removed Simple, automatic database dump.
Added Help key shortcuts for setup and dump menus.
Added Database dump window where you can choose which tables to dump and text or XML output.
Added You can load notes into any supported note field in colourful RTF format.
Added You can copy colourful RTF content from any edit field to another edit field.
Added You can press ENTER on a record to edit it as well as the usual methods.
Added You can now dial phone numbers with WHATEVER the ASSOCIATED phone dialer application is. This is system dependant.
Added You can search IfsDb.org with the ISBN number for book details which are auto added if found.
Added Status messages for ifsdb book retrieval are shown in the book form as they come in.
Fixed Inventory price wasn't adding tax and delivery in the list display.
Fixed Inventory status field wasn't adding tax and delivery.
Fixed Address book didn't search through the custom displayas field which is a valid one.
Fixed Orphan document linker was broken.
Changed If you edit a record anywhere and the text is plain. it will be re-saved in rtf format for compatiblility.
Changed Comment field in main book list changed to the publisher name.
Changed When any window is closed, last record in the main list is re-highlighted.
Changed The way orphan documents are scanned and linked should be faster.
Changed Address form Load note button is on note tab now.
Changed Address form Load photo button is on photo tab now.
Changed Address form note and photo sizes have changed to accomodate the button moves.
Changed Address form photo sizes has changed to 414x381.
Changed Book form photo size has changed to 335x271 (larger)
Changed Book form note size has changed to 335x271 for consistency with the photo.
Changed Inventory note and picture button relocated to the correct tab.
Changed Shopping note and picture button relocated to the correct tab.
Changed Miscellaneous note field on recipe form has it's own load note button.
Changed Instructions note field on recipe form has it's own load note button.
Changed Nutritional info note field on recipe form has it's own load note button.
Changed General comments note field on recipe form has it's own load note button.
Changed Recipe picture button relocated to the correct tab.
Changed Recipe picture size changed to 635x400 to accomodate the button move.
Changed Global picture size variables so I don't have to change them in 5 different places when form changes are issued.
Updated The help file has been fully updated with all changes, additions, removals and corrections.

Link in first post as usual.
rsts
Addict
Addict

Post by rsts »

Quite impressive. Professional looking. (is that esgrid for the options panel?)

What appears to be a very minor inconsistency in the help file for the "Home Inventory" category. Maybe it's meant to be that way, and it's just me.

Overall, big thumbs up.

cheers