PureGDK - 3D Programming for PureBasic

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

PureGDK - 3D Programming for PureBasic

Post by Mistrel »

I'm pleased to announce that PureGDK is now ready for sale! The PureGDK Upgrade is available at http://puregdk.com now and will also be available on The Game Creators website as both an Upgrade and a Standalone package.

The difference between the 'Standalone' and the 'Upgrade' is that the Standalone does not require DarkBasic Professional to be installed prior to installing PureGDK. The necessary components are bundled with the installer.

The Game Creators is the exclusive distributor of the Standalone package so if you do not already own DarkBasic Professional and don't want to purchase it as an individual product (it will come bundled with the Standalone anyways) then you'll have to wait a little longer.

A demo of PureGDK is available for download at PureGDK.com. Because the trial of DarkBasic Professional is version 6.2 which is incompatible with PureGDK, the PureGDK demo is based off of the Upgrade version and requires DarkBasic Professional 7.2 or higher to be installed.

A standalone demo will be available once the trial version of DarkBasic Professional has been updated.

More information about PureGDK can be found in the beta thread:

http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?t=31201

Special thanks to all of the PureGDK beta testers. Everyone who participated was a great help squishing bugs!
Last edited by Mistrel on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PerfectAgent007
New User
New User

Post by PerfectAgent007 »

Oh smack!! Can't wait to see how well it does on the market. I'm not at a level where I could use this but when I get there I'll get it. Hope it does well!! :D :D :D
Poshu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Poshu »

Still waiting for the stand-alone pack. Aaaaah, wtf are you waiting for TGC?
BTW, are addons like eXtends supported by pureGDK?
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

Poshu wrote:BTW, are addons like eXtends supported by pureGDK?
These are the plugins supported natively by PureGDK:
Licensed Plugins:

2D Plugin Kit 1.1
3D Cloth & Particles Physics 6.2
Advanced Terrain
Dark Physics Beta 14-12-07
Dark AI 1.05
Dark Lights 1.02
Enhanced Animations 19-11-07
eXtends 1.4
EZ Rotate Enhanced 19-11-07
STYX 2.0
TextureMax 17-05-07
Unity 3.0

Free Plugins:

D3DFunc 3.6.6
DarkSide Starburst
DBP Collisions 2.04
DKAVM 12-07-06
DKSHOP 12-07-06
EZ Rotate Basic
Multisync 1.4.1
Newton Game Dynamics 1.3.2
zParticles 1.11
If your favorite plugin isn't on there then you can still wrap it yourself using the PureGDK plugin framework. A tutorial is included in the help file.
Poshu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Poshu »

Ok, I'm still wondering:
Some of the DBP's plugins are working together, like extends and 2D plugin kit. Is it still true using PureGDK?
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

Yes. PureGDK compiles such that dll dependencies are automatically resolved. The PureGDK framework allows you to specify additional dependencies as well so libraries that require you to use a memblock somewhere "just so it's included" won't need that extra command floating in your code. You can just force-include in that library's .d file.
Rising Realms
User
User

Post by Rising Realms »

Any information about the standalone pack? I'd like to get that because I have not bought DBPro and I'm just interested in 3D DX9 with PureBasic.
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

TGC is planning to release it at the end of the month. It's also going to be featured in their next newsletter. :)
Rising Realms
User
User

Post by Rising Realms »

How long do you plan supporting it?
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

Mistrel wrote:TGC is planning to release it at the end of the month. It's also going to be featured in their next newsletter. :)
I'll support it for as long as the life of the product or the products that it uses (DBP/PureBasic).
Rising Realms
User
User

Post by Rising Realms »

That means:

- if Pure Basic development stopps but DBPro doesn't you will provide updates for the DBPro part of PureGDK?

- if DarkBasicPro development stopps but PB doesn't you will still make sure that the PureGDK will run on the latest Pure Basic version?

If oth is yes then I'm waiting for that standalone release now :P
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

To be clear about the life of PureGDK:

If DBP dies I'll maintain the last release within reason. If DarkBasic Professional is succeeded by another product I'll focus development on this new product and support for PureGDK will end once it is available as an alternative.

If PureBasic dies then I probably won't have many customers so I would just GPL the source. It would be of more value to people that way than just letting it die.
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

PureGDK 1.0.3 is out! Important bug fixes, usability fixes, and support for PureBasic 4.20.

Code: Select all

PureGDK 1.0.3
=============

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug where code generated by the PureGDK compiler had a rare chance of triggering an invalid memory access at runtime. This affects all previously compiled executables.
- Fixed a bug in the PureGDK installer which caused it to fail on Windows Vista under certain configurations.
- The PureGDK compiler will now look in the directory (..\Compilers) relative to its location before searching the registry for the location of the PureBasic compiler. This should correct compiler errors that might occur when multiple copies of PureBasic are installed.
- Removed the option to specify the PureGDK installation directory. It is now created automatically as a subdirectory of the PureBasic directory specified during installation. This should prevent future conflicts with multiple instances of PureBasic.
- The PureGDK Upgrade installer will now check for the existence of MD5.dll before attempting to install PureGDK.
- PureGDK can now compile from the IDE without first saving the file to disk.
- PureGDK will now throw a useful error if the user attempts to compile without the debugger using the PureBasic demo.

Known Issues:
- (Purebasic 4.20 Only) The OnError library is broken in PureBasic 4.20. Use the updated OnError library posted by freak on the PureBasic forum: http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtopic.php?t=31863.

It is highly recommended that projects be recompiled with this update to ensure compatibility across all systems.
You can get the demo here:

http://puregdk.com/index.php?f=download

For those who purchased PureGDK you can download the update by logging into your account at PureGDK.com and clicking on the download link.
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Post by Mistrel »

PureGDK is now available from The Game Creators store! Here you can purchase the PureGDK Complete which comes bundled with DarkBasic Professional. The PureGDK Complete installer is slightly different than the upgrade installer in that it does not require DarkBasic Professional to be pre-installed. Some people might consider that to be more convenient. :)

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=puregdk

I had sent Mike an earlier release candidate before the final 1.0.3 was released on Friday. If someone purchases from TGC would you please confirm that the ChangeLog.txt matches what I've posted on the forum.

PureGDK has also been featured in the June 2008 newsletter. Check it out!

http://www.thegamecreators.com/data/new ... ue_65.html
Barney
User
User

Post by Barney »

Congratulations!

It would be interesting to see how many purchases you get from TGC site. If there's one thing they know how to do, it's PR and advertising various stuff they sell.

Barney