[GAME] Brainstorm 2.1 Freeware

Developed or developing a new product in PureBasic? Tell the world about it.
neuronic
User
User

[GAME] Brainstorm 2.1 Freeware

Post by neuronic »

Hi

I have just modified an old game of mine. Called Brainstorm. It is a simple memory game. It used to be shareware but I have removed all the limitations so now you can play the full, well almost the full game. I have also removed the CardSet Maker utility but you have 4 cardsets to play with (use the mouswheel in the cards menu), and there is no time limit (originally you could only run the game ten times without registration.)

The game itself is in Hungarian, English and German. The installer is Hungarian and English only (working on the German texts.)

If your windows is Hungarian a small advert screen is shown when you quit the game.

The game (and the installer) works on win98 and XP. I haven't tested it on Vista as I do not have one. Please let me know if it works on Vista or not. (the same is true for the installer.)

You can download the game from my website:
http://www.cyberstorm.hu/downloads/brainstorm21fe.exe

Read more about Cougar Install System:
http://www.cyberstorm.hu/cougar

screenshot of the game:

I am working on a new version, with improved menu screen, more supported resolutions, etc.

Please let me know if it works or not.
Have fun playing it.
Neuronic
GeoTrail
Addict
Addict

Post by GeoTrail »

The install doesn't work on Vista.
I Stepped On A Cornflake!!! Now I'm A Cereal Killer!
jpd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jpd »

Hi,

on Vista is possible to install this game when the Setup started with Admin Right!

the starting of the game is only possible in compatiblity modus XP/SP2

and the starting time of the game is really slow more as 1 Minut.

the game it'self after loading works fine and is nice :-)

is possible to Import external background Images ?

Ciao
jpd
PB 5.10 Windows 7 x64 SP1
neuronic
User
User

Post by neuronic »

Hi

Thanks for the info. I had the idea that the installer requires admin rights. Now I know it for sure.
The installer and the game as well was compiled using PB v4.00. I will try to compile them with 4.1 later today.

a question as I do not have Vista: Is it possible that if I check the option "Request administrator mode on Windows Vista" in v4.1, they will work?

Thanks in advance
Neuronic
jpd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jpd »

Hi neuronic,
a question as I do not have Vista: Is it possible that if I check the option "Request administrator mode on Windows Vista" in v4.1, they will work?
this is a compiler option that can selected on PB 4.10.

Ciao
jpd
PB 5.10 Windows 7 x64 SP1