CreateMail/SendMail differences between operating systems

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
pthien
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

CreateMail/SendMail differences between operating systems

Post by pthien »

I have some code I'm running that is creating a report that is E-Mailed to me.

It seems that it works very nicely with one tiny detail: When running on my Win7 machine, the body of my message requires two CRLF at the end of each line, otherwise the mail comes through w/o ANY CRLF and the entire body just word wraps.

When I run on my Windows 10 machine, I get the desired response where a single CRLF works.

Anyone ever see anything like this?
pthien
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: CreateMail/SendMail differences between operating system

Post by pthien »

I might have a problem on the mail client I'm running on the Win7 machine displaying mail FROM the Win7 machine differently than other mail.

So probably not a PureBasic issue, probably a Phil issue (aren't most of them?).
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

pthien wrote:the mail comes through w/o ANY CRLF and the entire body just word wraps
Sounds like Outlook's line-break removal feature to me. Are you using Outlook?
pthien
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by pthien »

Dude wrote:
pthien wrote:the mail comes through w/o ANY CRLF and the entire body just word wraps
Sounds like Outlook's line-break removal feature to me. Are you using Outlook?
I'm actually using Thunderbird on all my machines, I think maybe even the same (latest) version but I do think I might have some settings different on the Win7 machine (like video acceleration maybe). I haven't delved too far into it, yet.
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

Can you view the raw HTML code of the received email? If so, see if it has the #CRLF$ in it. If so, and it's not being displayed with it, then you know it's just the email viewer that's messing with it, rather than the email being sent incorrectly.
pthien
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by pthien »

I wanted to post a follow-up, in case this ever comes up for someone else.

The problem I seemed to have been having was related to whitespace (spaces) before the #CRLF$.

As soon as I did an RTrim(text) before adding the #CRLF$, my unpredictable results in adding some extra blank lines seems to have gone away.