Difference in IE version

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
Paradox
User
User

Difference in IE version

Post by Paradox »

My clients are using internet explorer in different versions this causes many errors in the codes, can not standardize the version used in the webgadget? Include in exe the component of my computer?

Sorry for the english google translator mode.
Mistrel
Addict
Addict

Re: Difference in IE version

Post by Mistrel »

The WebGadget in Windows utilizes a special browser object and is not necessarily based on the version of IE that is installed. Different versions of Windows use different browser objects based different renderers so you will have to test your application to ensure that it displays correctly across OS versions.

I had this problem when using a WebGadget to write a GUI wizard for an installer. Make sure that you test on XP, for sure, if you want to support this OS.

The advantage of this is that the executable doesn't need to ship any libraries needed for the browser so the binary is smaller. The disadvantage is that you are at the mercy of the renderer changing and your application breaking. I would certainly like an option to link a different browser like WebKit or Chromium to ensure consistent rendering across platforms but this is not an option in PureBasic.
wayne-c
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by wayne-c »

Including this line in the HTML helped me a lot when working with the WebGadget:

Code: Select all

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EDGE">
As you walk on by, Will you call my name? Or will you walk away?
IdeasVacuum
Always Here
Always Here

Post by IdeasVacuum »

There is a registry setting you could try:

;===== Registry: temp setting to optimise web gadget ==================================================================================================================================================================================
Global     sglpValueName.s = GetFilePart(ProgramFilename())
Global          lglpData.l = 11001
Global lglpdwDisposition.l
Global       igphkResult.i

If RegCreateKeyEx_(#HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION", 0, #Null, #REG_OPTION_VOLATILE, #KEY_ALL_ACCESS, #Null, @igphkResult, @lglpdwDisposition) = #ERROR_SUCCESS
    RegSetValueEx_(igphkResult, sglpValueName, 0, #REG_DWORD, @lglpData, SizeOf(LONG))
      RegCloseKey_(igphkResult)
EndIf

;======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
[/size]

;Registry: temp setting to optimise web gadget: remove
If RegOpenKeyEx_(#HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION", 0, #KEY_SET_VALUE, @igphkResult) = #ERROR_SUCCESS

RegDeleteValue_(igphkResult, sglpValueName)
EndIf
IdeasVacuum
If it sounds simple, you have not grasped the complexity.
Paradox
User
User

Post by Paradox »

IdeasVacuum wrote:There is a registry setting you could try:

;===== Registry: temp setting to optimise web gadget ==================================================================================================================================================================================
Global     sglpValueName.s = GetFilePart(ProgramFilename())
Global          lglpData.l = 11001
Global lglpdwDisposition.l
Global       igphkResult.i

If RegCreateKeyEx_(#HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION", 0, #Null, #REG_OPTION_VOLATILE, #KEY_ALL_ACCESS, #Null, @igphkResult, @lglpdwDisposition) = #ERROR_SUCCESS
    RegSetValueEx_(igphkResult, sglpValueName, 0, #REG_DWORD, @lglpData, SizeOf(LONG))
EndIf

;======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
[/size]

;Registry: temp setting to optimise web gadget: remove
If RegOpenKeyEx_(#HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION", 0, #KEY_SET_VALUE, @igphkResult) = #ERROR_SUCCESS

RegDeleteValue_(igphkResult, sglpValueName)
EndIf
I have already taken this code in different posts that I read here in the forum ...
Paradox
User
User

Post by Paradox »

wayne-c wrote:Including this line in the HTML helped me a lot when working with the WebGadget:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EDGE">

Help without doubts but does not solve the problem yet the difference in redenrization
espartano
New User
New User

Post by espartano »

No soluction for question?