sound switch

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
a_carignan
User
User

sound switch

Post by a_carignan »

How do I change the sound device on windows 10?
Fluid Byte
Addict
Addict

Re: sound switch

Post by Fluid Byte »

Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit / Whose Hoff is it anyway?
a_carignan
User
User

Post by a_carignan »

I know this example, but it is not functional. This example is unable to read the Wave file I want it to read. In any way, I do not want to play an audio file, but only change the audio output in Windows 10. I would like a simple example of changing the audio device in less than possible line.
It would also be interesting to know the renaming of existing audio devices.
Fluid Byte
Addict
Addict

Post by Fluid Byte »

a_carignan wrote:I would like a simple example of changing the audio device in less than possible line.
And I want Emma Watson naked on my lap, we all have dreams. By the way it took you like 20 days to respond?

Anyway, there is no working code for PB then it seems. Only thing you can do is to convert sourcecode from other more common languages like C, C++, C# or Visual Basic. There are plenty of examples found on the Web: https://www.google.de/search?q=c%2B%2B+ ... dio+device
Dude
Addict
Addict

Post by Dude »

Fluid Byte wrote:And I want Emma Watson naked on my lap, we all have dreams. By the way it took you like 20 days to respond?
LOL, someone's in a charming mood today. :lol:
Fluid Byte
Addict
Addict

Post by Fluid Byte »

Also, it will be highly important what exactly you intend to do. Do you actually want to permanently change the sound device in Windows itself or do you want a program/game to temporarily use a different device for output? I ask that because from what I read there is no reliable way to permanently change the audio device within Windows that will also be backwards compatible with older versions.
There is no public API which allows you to change the default audio device, that is functionality that is considered to be under the users control. This has always been the case in Windows.

Having said that, if you search the web, there are a number of people who have reverse engineered the APIs that are used in Windows Vista to do this, but I'm not going to point you to them (the reverse engineered APIs are internal unsupported APIs and may change without notice from Microsoft). You use these solutions at your own peril.
Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/217 ... amatically
a_carignan
User
User

Post by a_carignan »

I want to permanently change the sound device in Windows itself.
Fluid Byte
Addict
Addict

Post by Fluid Byte »

a_carignan wrote:I want to permanently change the sound device in Windows itself.
Not going to happen then.