use Codejock Toolkit.Pro.v15.0.1 in pb

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
HanPBF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: use Codejock Toolkit.Pro.v15.0.1 in pb

Post by HanPBF »

I tried it with COMate.

http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... 28#p473028
Above is some little code; registry and above that some access code.

The example You found is somewhat direct access.
I don't like the asm/complex way of solving those things; even COM(ate) is too complex (only due to COM of course!).

Maybe someone else knows how to "easier" handle those OCX; maybe by converting them?
Lunasole
Addict
Addict

Re: use Codejock Toolkit.Pro.v15.0.1 in pb

Post by Lunasole »

Additionally I can only say about writing UI/OCX-related code with another language which allows you to handle classes natively (delphi, some of those .net languages or maybe even VB6, which however is really outdated, but might be OK sometimes).
For PB users Delphi might be acceptable, as it really has very similar syntax, just more annoying with those stupid "begin/end" or ":=" or ";", etc .

What about COMate already mentioned, as for me it is fine until not using lot of complicated COM-object with writing so much extra code with those strings mixed. For such case really should be 'easiest way' to delegate COM/OCX to other language which supports OOP / classes, then connect PB code with it through DLL (or some wrapper).
// btw in some cases it is also possible to use scripts [executed through Windows interpreters] for that -- VBS, JS or probably PowerShell too.
"W̷i̷s̷h̷i̷n̷g o̷n a s̷t̷a̷r"