Yet Another Video Player

Share your advanced PureBasic knowledge/code with the community.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Re: Yet Another Video Player

Post by JHPJHP »

chris319 wrote:In your example the video begins playing immediately but with no keyboard control until you click on the web gadget, just like mine.
Not sure I understand why, I have tested my code on multiple computers without an issue. Also if the video is starting, then the WebGadget received a mouse-click; autoplay is currently set to 0.
chris319 wrote:Setting modestbranding to 1 or 0 makes no difference in my program.
It does when the tag controls is set to 1.
chris319 wrote:Note that mine is a full-screen player intended top show only the video. If the user wants to watch a video inside a postage stamp, any browser will do that.
Your code is essentially the same as mine, not sure what your point is... You seem to know what you want in a player; I will leave you to it.
Last edited by JHPJHP on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris319
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by chris319 »

I must've been using a different version.

I did not modify your program. The version I have first had two lines for WebAddress.s. One was commented out and had autoplay=1. The other line was not commented out and autoplay was = 0, which is why it wasn't autoplaying, so I reversed them. Now it autoplays and I have keyboard control immediately. Again, your code was not modified until I reversed those two lines.
Last edited by chris319 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris319
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by chris319 »

Your player program is not portable because it relies on an .ico file which you've hidden away in a binaries folder. I can't run it unless I duplicate your file structure, nor can I modify your largely uncommented code to run without the icon. All for an unessential YouTube arrow icon.

Dude, that's not kosher: sharing code with other people and pulling undocumented shenanigans such as hiding files like that. I don't care how fancy or effective people tell you your code is; it makes you look like an ass.

You can run any of the code I have posted here simply by pasting it into PB and presto! It runs! No hidden files or undocumented dependencies.
JHPJHP
Addict
Addict

Post by JHPJHP »

chris319 wrote:Your player program is not portable because it relies on an .ico file which you've hidden away in a binaries folder. I can't run it unless I duplicate your file structure, nor can I modify your largely uncommented code to run without the icon. All for an unessential YouTube arrow icon.

Dude, that's not kosher: sharing code with other people and pulling undocumented shenanigans such as hiding files like that. I don't care how fancy or effective people tell you your code is; it makes you look like an ass.

You can run any of the code I have posted here simply by pasting it into PB and presto! It runs! No hidden files or undocumented dependencies.
First, the icon file setting can be removed from the "much hidden" Compiler-Options. Which is unnecessary because the binaries folder and icon file are include in the download.

Second, you do not have any code here; you cut and pasted my code, slapped your name to it, and posted my uncommented code as your own.

Third, most people say thank you or nothing at all, you are the first to insult me for contributing code to the PureBasic community.
Rings

Post by Rings »

closed before the flame grows...
SPAMINATOR NR.1