Webcam Light

Share your advanced PureBasic knowledge/code with the community.
Sicro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Webcam Light

Post by Sicro »

walbus wrote:@Sicro, Karellen
You can simple open a window on your desktop
Or you can enhance the desktop brightness and color :shock:
You can also turn on the light in the room (cool)
Most do not sit in the dark in front of the webcam
Most do not sit with red light in front of the webcam
It is not just about bringing more brightness into the room. Photo studios use colored lights to make the photos look different.
With an image processing program you could also add this effect to the image later, but this can be more complex.

There are many ways to achieve the same or similar effect:
- Use an image processing program and edit the image later
- Colored foil, which colors the light of a lamp
- PC monitor, which displays the color
etc.

Using a PC monitor for it is perhaps primitive, but can be sufficient for the project already.
Why OpenSource should have a license :: PB-CodeArchiv-Rebirth :: Pleasant-Dark (syntax color scheme) :: RegEx-Engine (compiles RegExes to NFA/DFA)
Manjaro Xfce x64 (Main system) :: Windows 10 Home (VirtualBox) :: Newest PureBasic version
walbus
Addict
Addict

Post by walbus »

@Sicro
I'm fine optician :shock:

@M.
Senseless effort, you will not become answers from me, never !
Samuel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Samuel »

@walbus
The way you're acting is making me embarrassed to be a member of these forums. Belittling someones code just because you find it stupid/simple is childish.
Karellen
User
User

Post by Karellen »

@walbus: Can't get what makes you so upset.

The code is stupid? Sure it is - even Chris himself stated that in the original post: "This silly little program opens a resizeable window on your screen."

The "trick" isn't the code, but the idea: An extremly simple way to influence the illumination of your face using a webcam within an unfavourable light environment you can't control.

You think it's not useful? Fine. You think it's stupid? Fine. You've put both statements into this thread. Fine. But what more? Why that fuss?

Looks like you're pretty skilled in some areas (like encryption). Is this necessary? I tend to agree that it's embarrassing. Let's not waste our time and energy for that kind of arguments.
Stanley decided to go to the meeting room...
walbus
Addict
Addict

Post by walbus »

You are right Samuel, it is very difficult to learn to accept the opinions of others

@Kerellen
It's OK what you say !
But I have no problem with it and I'm not angry or excited
I mean simple, Tipps and tricks is for tricky codes, not for ideas with a very long beard
Before many years we have enhanced the monitor brightness for better webcam using, this is absolutely simple
But you must not have a extra empty window or code for this

A absolutely simple, but little tricky code for beginners, is ever OK in Tipps and Tricks

This "Idea" has a good place in "Off Topic", but not in a code forum

I have readed the comment from luis, yep he is right !
Kindergarten - Teletubbie like
Last edited by walbus on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karellen
User
User

Post by Karellen »

I agree that one can have the opinion that this entry isn't suitable for the Tricks 'n' Tips section and would better be placed into Off Topic.

The illumination is not just about brightness (in this case you'd be right: just open a blank window and/or adjust display brightness). This is also about the colour. A discrete support of coloured light can make you're skin tone look healthier than under cold neon lights or in shady corners in a bar or library. This improve off appearance might be appreciated in some chats. That's why I think this tip isn't that bad.
So i will say again, it's not good we have not a forum for beginners
I don't agree here. The forums should be for beginners, intermediates an experts.
Karellen
User
User

Post by Karellen »

@walbus: Please stop erasing things you said from previous posts and replace it with other meanings. That makes any conversation in a forum completely pointless.

Just see: You really can't stop it, hm...
But hey, "Kindergarten" are always the others, right?

Embarrassing, true. Bye Werner. I'm out.
walbus
Addict
Addict

Post by walbus »

Normally, you should adjust colors and brightness with the webcam software, not with your monitor !
Before you use the cam online !

Recducing the frame rate enhance the brightness :shock:

Karellen, think, you will make a video chat with your futured new boss :wink:
It's never a good idea without planing and testing the cam settings before :oops:

My english is not good, so i must correct this and that after it is written, it's simple

Actually a pity that you can not leave the thread without once again to kick and try to insult ...
But hey, "Kindergarten" are always the others, right ?

Embarrassing, true. Bye Karellen. I'm out.

A last Tipp : Looking on Youtube for : "Webcam using for beginners and a demo code for beginners named "Hello World""